Tuesday 21 July 2015

Revamped Character Line Up

Cleaned up and redid my character line up a while ago but haven't had the time to post! Along with an all new design for Bolik!



The title for this is removed until I make a decent logo for it. The one I have now is a placeholder but I'd rather show something a little more final.


Behold the new design for Bolik! I was never satisfied with the original design as it was the weakest from when I originally submitted it. I still wanted to keep the spirit of the first design. I went back and thought about what kind of character he was. 

He's a smug character that enjoys his day to day life but was suddenly chosen to perform a space mission without prior training. So rather than keep him broad shouldered like before, which gave the impression he's done some training and was prepared for the job, I made him slimmer. Other improvements were based on how difficult it was to redraw certain elements when rotating or posing such as his collar and especially his head. The original design's head was extremely difficult to keep consistent. In the end I looked towards classic TV cartoons as inspiration and was heavily influenced by Looney Tunes for Bolik's design.

***

Apologies for the lack of posts even though I said I would go back to posting a tad more regularly but something awesome came up which I'll post about very very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment