Monday 28 December 2015

Royal Winter Fair

Some drawings I did from The Royal Winter Fair!

We had to make an illustration based off a drawing we did while we were there. My friend and I wanted to go see the sheep herding event, so we did and we drew. It was also very entertaining and cool to see how the border collies were so well trained to always move the sheep towards the owner. 

I found the way the sheep reacted and moved to be humorous. They always looked extremely scared and whenever they moved as a group, they always created this nice flowing composition that directed your attention back towards the dog which is what I did for this illustration. I made sure the bunched up sheep had some sort of flow that pointed back towards the dog. 





And the page of extremely rough sketches of the sheep herding event.

Some sketches from The Royal Winter Fair.







 Lots of sheep because there weren't much animals out when we went for some weird reason apart from the sheep. Even then, there weren't much sheep out either. I was looking forward to drawing birds but the entire area where they would be was just empty cages. I was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment