Monday 24 June 2013

Daily Sketches

Lately, I've been participating in this daily sketching forum. They post a theme and you draw something fitting that theme. I decided that this was a good way to warm up so every morning I take about 15 to 30 minutes maximum to create or study something. 

It has definitely helped in more ways than one. It's not just a warm up but it also helps me think creatively, makes me do research, and I try to make myself try something different each time. Whether it's a technique or style it's a great way to see what I can accomplish and what I'm having difficulty with.

Here are the ones that I like. If indicated, titles are in italics and the theme for that particular day is in bold and links to references if used. 

Golden Tanager Study
Colour/Selective Colour

Celebrity Plumbers
Absurd Reality Shows

Handpainting
Messy Spaces
This one is my favourite I've done so far, lots of people liked it too!

Dystopian

Game of Thrones/Medieval Era
*Note: I began GoT a couple of days after this, I feel like drawing something from it now. And all of you people can get off my back now that I finally watch it.

Marty On His Hoverboard
Time Travel

Hedgehogs

Swimcap
Free Draw

Serious Quill
Magic Quill
Feathers

Manly Still Life

Dwarf Fortress

War

Eye Study (of my own eye)
Free Draw

Still Life

*No tracing or eyedropper tool used from the original sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment