Monday 22 August 2011

Huntard

Decided to practice some painting today. I've had two 6x6 canvases for 7 months now, and I've been meaning to work on this painting for a while. I thought it would be cool to create one of the icons from Warcraft as a painting seeing as how it has a painterly art direction, and I decided I would choose the hunter icon as one of them.

This took 2 1/2 hours to do, and I'm very proud of nailing the colours down and blending them. Especially the yellow highlight area, that took me a while but I'm satisfied with the overall result. The only difference from the original, was I took out the little features near the handle. Partly because I didn't want to ruin the ton of work I took blending the colours in that area, and I thought it just looked better without it.


Here's some WIP pics:



This little image here, was my main reference:


As for the other 6x6 canvas, I'm deciding which icon I'm going to paint. For another time of course, painting is such a hassle to set up and clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment