Wednesday 11 December 2013

Still Lives

Still lives we had to do to study metal surfaces, transparent objects and cloth folds. 

I'm not particularly fond of my cloth in my final but I like how my spoon turned out, and I find it really fun to paint reflective metal. I tried to incorporate the yellow glow that my lamp gave out and reflected on to all the objects. It was difficult trying to make my red cloth still look red rather than orange.

First "small" (only 1 inch smaller than the final) single object study. I chose to do a spoon and used a red folder for the background instead of a cloth for this one. Teacher gave me some advice after doing this such as smoothing the colours inside the spoon and making very sharp edges on the outside. It was really helpful in making the final painting's spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment