Sunday 27 May 2012

Out in the Wild

Here are a couple of sketches of people that I've done ever since school ended.

Went to California Sandwiches with a group of friends after the school open house last month. Decided to draw on the receipt. There's also a very rough drawing of Sonic someone else drew on the other side.


I finally found a decent sized pocket sketchbook (with great paper and a durable cover for $7!) that I could carry around at the end of the year. Ever since I bought it, I've been bringing it around everywhere I go and I draw whenever I can. So here are a few drawings of people from the theatres...



 ... a dessert cafe and clothing store...

 ... and a food court!

3 comments:

  1. I love love love these sketches, I love the line quality and i love how they just seem to capture the person....dont you think its funny how miserable everyone looks when they're being drawn? Like...i never really noticed till recently how many people look down right depressed! Lol. Amazing job. Loving the new stuff...and err....I'll get back to you on my new stuff lol~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketches! The sandwich receipt guy and the bottom two are my favs. Sandwich guy especially cause he's not quite in profile. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! I'm trying to get more confident with a pen, and those ended up being my favourite ones as well. I'm also trying to draw less profile views as much as I can, but it's the closest I can get to drawing people's faces without them noticing me haha

      Delete