For character design we had to create keyframes for a scene with a character interacting with something.
Here are the roughs that I captured to see if it worked. You can see how rough I drew and how some drawings were ruined by clean up. I really need to get better at clean up.
Here are are scans of a couple poses I liked.
To see how difficult it is for me clean up, behold how I normally draw an animated sequence:
This one was the most difficult because it just captured the gesture and shapes and proportions. I had to figure out the details of the hands, the hoop, the feet.
This one was also pretty rough, but I went back and clarified some parts of it before I went to clean up.
And below is the original page where I came up with the idea along with some hippo studies and early character design ideas.