Monday 3 February 2014

Master Copy Painting

For painting we had to recreate an existing painting and also do a tonal study of it. I decided to do one from What's Opera, Doc? because I just love the colour schemes of the many scenes present in that short. 
The most difficult part was trying to get the saturated pink and purple, I spent about 1 hour mixing pinks trying to find the nearest one I can get or an alternative to it. I managed to get a decent pink that was a good substitute, but the purple was more difficult and I had to settle for something else. Apart from that, I think it turned out pretty good! I definitely learned a lot from this assignment mostly about colour values.

Definitely a great learning exercise, I'm tempted to do another one in my spare time. Although this one alone took waaaaaaay longer than I thought it would.

Final

Tonal


Original painting from What's Opera, Doc?


No comments:

Post a Comment