Tuesday 9 July 2013

Hear Me Roar

So I jumped onto the Game of Thrones bandwagon and liked every minute of it. I really love the characters, character development, the awesome acting (especially from the younger actors! Carl from The Walking Dead please take notes), the costume design, and especially the story lines and the risks it takes. 

There are still stuff I don't like, mostly not knowing what the limits to the magical elements are in the fiction since it is very minimal. So GRRM could at any time pull off a deus ex machina and the audience is just supposed to accept it. There's a certain shadow-y thing at one part that does this and I disliked that. 

Anyway, I drew Tywin Lannister a few days ago and decided to scan and colour him as well. I was sad that I drew it on a separate piece of paper instead of in my sketchbook. Here is the final:


That lion in the background was difficult to place causing too many tangents but I finally found a sweet spot after moving it around for more than 5 minutes.

Here's the drawing I did, there were also a bunch of other doodles on the page. I drew him because I found the facial features of the actor, Charles Dance, rather interesting and I wanted to try to create a caricature. Also, Tywin is one of my favourite characters since he treats Joffrey with some disdain. I will be sad if he happens to die later on.

I want to read the books now...

No comments:

Post a Comment