Thursday 26 July 2012

Fantasy and Fairy Tales

"GeoMossCaveThing.jpeg"
Just something I painted along the way, hence the name of the file (geo=geometric). I wanted to do something green and thought of some primitive human tribe's cave or something along the way.

My elective first year was Fantasy and Fairy Tales and we had an assignment to write our own fairy tale (the only assignment I did well on...). I remembered the one I wrote, titled "The Golden Tree", and decided to attempt to create what I had in mind. It changed as I was working on it from being set in daylight just like in the story, and thought that the tree in the dark would be more interesting by being it's own light source.
I'll definitely come back to my fairy tale's setting in the future and probably re-draw this.

What did I learn from all this? I need to get better at trees/leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment