Friday 5 August 2011

Oh hi there! No worries, I haven't forgotten about this blog. Heck I've had it bookmarked this whole time. It's true!

See! Right next to my other Google related websites that are bookmarked, and right next to Penny Arcade.
So it's been a while, and I've accomplished a bit since last time. Not as much as I hoped, but better than nothing I suppose. I've toyed around with Photoshop a lot lately, vector images and such, and I've been practicing drawing hands. I've also been searching for a tablet, a Wacom Bamboo to be precise. Cheapest one I can find was online on Newegg, which I'll buy soon. And a comic idea that's going along so well I'm proud of it, but I won't be creating it until years later.

Um, artwork. Yes. I've doodled a bit, but nothing good enough to merit posting. Here's some artwork I did during Art Fundies that I used to practice making vector images.

This one was a t-shirt design we had to do. For most of my final projects, I tried to go with a retro-futuristic theme/design. The project was to take a collective noun (or make one up) and create a design out of it, I chose clouds. The original is on the left and the vector image is on the right.


When I made it I only had a faint idea of how it would look on a t-shirt (I just thought it was a cool design). So using Threadless' kit, I made a mock-up.

For some more practice and fun I recreated my Christmas card. I decided to take away the Santa and reindeer silhouette. I even created an entire new silhouette, but it just didn't look right.


Well, that's all. The summer is nearing a close and I'm heading back to Sheridan for VCA second year, I'll probably post more then, but in the mean time I'll attempt to update a little more frequently rather than every 4 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment